Sunday 23 March 2014

Funny Feet are back! AND they're gluten free!

Last night I was casually scrolling down the latest posts on Facebook when I came across a pic of a friend's daughter sucking on a bright pink foot. Not something you see every day. In fact, not something I've seen since I was about 10.

Funny Feet.



If you were born prior to 1990, you'll probably remember these ice creams. A Walls strawberry ice cream in the shape of a foot on a traditional wooden stick. It doesn't sound like a big deal but to those of us who remember them, they are one of the holy grails of ice cream.

Excited is probably the most understated way to describe my glee as I hopped around from one of my own funny feet to the other, desperately trying to call my whole family to give them the joyous news. Having ascertained (thanks to the wonders of online shopping) that they were both gluten free, and cheaper in Asda than they were in Sainsburys, I resolved to wait until I next went into town.

And then this morning I caved and went to Sainsburys anyway. Whoops. But ahh...the taste is just as I remembered it. Kind of like a frozen strawberry mousse. Slightly chewy in texture but melty and delicious at the same time.

If, like me, you're desperate to suck on a funny foot again, you can buy a 4-pack of them in Sainsburys for £2.50, or Asda for £2.00 (on special offer at 2 packs for £3 at the time of posting). Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment